We're hiring for: General Manager
The General Manager will direct and manage all plant operations with overall responsibilities for safety, production, quality, maintenance, and financials. The GM will collaborate with departmental managers to create budgets and develop business plans and possesses proven leadership skills, as well as a strong ability to problem, solve and make sound decisions that encourage growth.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Directs and coordinates all manufacturing activities and operations.
• Responsible to grow Business optimizing utilization of Sales Team and resources assigned to the Region, including Sales Team members reporting to this function.
• Accomplishes department objectives by managing staff, planning and evaluating department activities.
• Ensures a safe, secure and legal work environment.
• Develops personal growth opportunities
• Responsible for meeting customer expectations in terms of quality, production, and delivery.
• Responsible for meeting corporate expectations and goals in terms of profit targets, capital expenditures, cost containment, manufacturing/plant engineering improvements, environmental/health/safety goals, quality enhancements, information technology needs, employee and community good will.
• Responsible for improving business processes for each department through analysis and collaboration.
• Assures prompt, accurate and complete reporting on all major aspects of plant operations to the Sr. Director of Operations and Executive team.
• Decision making, analytical problem solving, forecasting, budgeting, negotiating, communicating, and evaluating are skills used daily on the job as well as the supervision and development of managers.
• Accountable for understanding all requirements of each job reporting to this position, ensuring each person is performing all requirements of the job and providing adequate training and development as necessary.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: __
_ _ Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• 10+ years direct progressive experience in a manufacturing facility.
• 10+ years leadership experience of various level
• Experience in implementation of Lean Manufacturing and using Kaizen as a tool for Continuous improvement.
• Experience in Operations of Paint, Finishing and Assembly processes is desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to create and lead teams to drive change.
• Experience in Managing Operations.
• Proficient personal computer experience and software knowledge
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in industrial, technical, manufacturing or engineering.
Job Type: Full-time
• Master’s degree
• Bachelor’s degree in industrial, manufacturing or quality engineering
Safety equipment – Safety glasses, steel toed shoes, hearing protection, gloves, face shields and other equipment as designated by the job being performed
(Items in bold must be worn at all times while on production floor)
Some travel will be required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.