Lean Management Lean Management Eliminates Waste
Remain Competitive and Agile
Lean Manufacturing helps companies remain competitive and agile by eliminating waste throughout the manufacturing process and value chain. By eliminating waste, our clients reduce investment in equipment and facilities and human resources, while maintaining the edge to change course swiftly to stay ahead of the market
Lean Management in manufacturing targets Seven Areas of Waste and potential cost reduction, including:
- Overproduction (production ahead of demand)
- Travel/Transportation (moving materials, parts and products through the supply chain)
- Inventory (all components, materials, and assembled product not being manufactured or shipped)
- Processing (due to poor tool or product design creating additional, unnecessary activity that doesn’t add value)
- Motion (or wasted steps: personnel or equipment moving more than necessary to perform the processing)
- Defects (the effort involved in inspecting and fixing production and assembly defects)
- Waiting (idle time or equipment waiting for the next production step)
At Prince, we also target two more areas of waste:
- Manufacturing goods or services that do not meet customer demand or specifications—usually resulting from the lack of agility to shift with the changing needs of the market.
- Unused or underused human talent.
There are a number of reasons why waste exists. A few examples include:
- Insufficient Training
- Insufficient Focus
- Insufficient Daily Discipline
- Insufficient Management Commitment
- Insufficient Objective Deployment
- Insufficient Benchmarking
We can help you improve and reduce costs in all of these areas. As a contact manufacturing partner, Prince Manufacturing allows customers to outsource a number of non-core processes, including Contract Assembly, Product Design, Fabrication, Sheet Metal Forming, Powder Coating, Liquid Coating, eCoating, CARC, Metal Stamping, Sequencing, and Shipping Logistics
Back to Lean Management
Link to Lean Manufacturing References
For more information on outsourcing complete processes, please contact us.
Are you ready to discuss how we can help you achieve your business goals? Fill out this form and we will get back to you.