Mexico Import – Export Services Shelter Services
Import – Export Under Shelter Services
One of the most critical tasks that Prince Manufacturing executes on behalf of its Shelter clients is Mexico Import – Export Services. Because this area is of fundamental importance to its customers’ success, Prince Manufacturing has assembled a team of seasoned professionals to navigate the complexities of getting products and goods into and out of Mexico. Prince’s attention to this area of its clients’ business in Mexico enables manufacturers to be able to concentrate their attention and energies on their core, value-added production activities.
In terms of imports, companies that are manufacturing in Mexico meet their production schedules and successfully service their customers when raw material, machinery, and equipment are delivered to their Mexico manufacturing facilities on-time, without administrative glitches, and without incurring potentially costly Mexican Customs fines. Prince’s reliable service in this essential area means that companies reduce their risks before Mexico’s customs authorities. Also, because of this, production lines stay up and running.
As it is the legal “importer of record” for its customers in Mexico, Prince Manufacturing is listed in Mexico’s Official Register of Importers. This list is maintained by the country’s Secretariat of Finance and Public Credit (SHCP) which is Mexico’s equivalent to the United States Government’s Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
In order to ensure a high level of accuracy, efficiency, and success in Mexico import – export services, Prince has put together a team of in-house experts to perform this critical task. Prince manufacturing professionals perform the following import functions that include:
- The preparation of “pedimentos.” This is Mexico’s primary import shipping document. It is required for all commercial border crossings into the country;
- The collection and preparation of commercial invoices. The commercial invoice is a legal document that is executed between a supplier and its customer that in clear detail describes sold goods, and the amount due by the buyer. It is one of the main documents that is used by Mexican Customs to determine whether or not duties will be charged;
- The processing of additional documents required by Mexican Customs such as bills of lading, packing lists, and certificates of origin. Among these items the certificate of origin, in particular, is of great importance. It is a widely used document used in international trade transactions which attests that the product listed therein has met criteria to be considered as originating in North America;
- The processing of documents that are used in in-bond shipping;
- The classification of raw materials, supplies, machinery, tools, equipment, and finished goods for Customs purposes. Correctly classifying goods is necessary to avoid duties and tariffs, as well as to avoid any possible fines.x
- The handling of goods that may be subject to quotas or other Mexican Customs’ restrictions;
- The clearing of hazardous materials according to laws governing the activity in both Mexico and the US;
- The maintenance of relationships with Mexican Customs, as well as with Mexican health and safety authorities.
Although Prince Manufacturing’s client companies are considered the “importer of record” when exporting finished goods and other items from Mexico into the United States, Prince assists by putting them in touch with reputable and reliable Customs Brokerages on the US side of the border. When exporting from Mexico to the United States, it is required that companies obtain the services of a licensed US customs broker. Despite this fact, Prince manufacturing does provide assistance by helping its clients to file electronic documents with US customs brokers and does coordinate with brokers on the US-side of the border when such action is necessary.
Other shelter manufacturing “non-core” functions provided by Prince Manufacturing include:
- Mexico Transportation and Shipping;
- Mexico Logistics and Supply Chain Services;
- Mexico Human Resources;
- Mexico Payroll and Benefits Management;
- Mexico Accounting Services;
- Mexico MRO Vendor Management;
- Mexico Facilities Management;
- Mexico Consulting Services.
Please contact us to determine if there is a good fit between your company’s needs and Prince Manufacturing’s Mexico Shelters.
Let's Talk. Let us show you.
How will we compress your production cycle time?
Services We also provide
Sign Up Prince Manufacturing Newsletter
How would you like to learn the best manufacturing tactics?
Sign up here. We will share our expertise.
Are you ready to discuss how we can help you achieve your business goals? Fill out this form and we will get back to you.