Painting Solutions Metal Finishing for Your Manufacturing Needs
Metal Finishing: Powder Coating, Liquid Coating, CARC, E-Coating, Fluidizing Powder Coating, Metal Plating
At Prince Manufacturing, we’re industry leaders with a number of Metal Finishing and coating techniques. We even meet the United States Military’s strictest certification requirements. Please click here for more about our military and other coating certifications. You can be sure that Prince Manufacturing is ready to meet your strictest coating requirements.
Highly technical composites require the technical coating solutions that Prince Manufacturing provides. Many companies have failed whereas Prince has succeeded with great quality solutions. We’d like a chance to prove that to you.
We’re never satisfied with the industry’s best. We also invest aggressively in research and development to improve product performance, value/cost structure, and environmental feedback. For example, please look at how we improved water usage in Mexico and in Indiana.
Best of all, Prince Manufacturing can meet your coating needs and fulfill other requirements, such as forming or assembly, under one roof—giving you greater control while streamlining and making the entire manufacturing process more efficient.
Prince Manufacturing has unmatched experience in a number of different coating techniques, including:
For more information about liquid, powder, CARC, E-coating, metal plating, and fluidizing solutions—as well as our other services—contact us today.
Types of Metal Finishing and Their Benefits
There are many different types of metal finishing, each with its own unique benefits. Here is a list of some of the most common types of metal finishing and the benefits that:
|Abrasive finishing uses abrasives to remove material from the surface of a metal. This can be used to smooth out rough surfaces, remove blemishes, and create a desired finish.
|Burnishing uses a burnishing tool to polish the surface of a metal. This can be used to create a smooth, reflective finish.
|Electropolishing uses an electric current to remove material from the surface of a metal. This can be used to create a very smooth, uniform finish.
|Passivation is a process that creates a protective layer on the surface of a metal. This can be used to improve the corrosion resistance and appearance of the metal.
|Plating is a process of depositing a thin layer of metal onto the surface of another metal. This can be used to improve the corrosion resistance, wear resistance, electrical conductivity, and appearance of the metal.
|Polishing uses abrasives to create a smooth, shiny finish on the surface of a metal. This can be used to improve the appearance of the metal and make it easier to clean.
Other types of metal finishing include:
- Brushing | Brushing uses a wire brush to remove material from the surface of a metal and create a brushed finish.
- Deburring | Deburring is the process of removing sharp edges from a metal. This can be done using a variety of methods, such as filing, sanding, or tumbling.
- Heat treatment | Heat treatment is a process of heating and cooling a metal to change its properties. This can be used to improve the strength, hardness, and toughness of a metal.
- Shot blasting | Shot blasting uses a stream of abrasive particles to remove material from the surface of a metal. This can be used to clean the surface of the metal, remove rust, and create a textured finish.
The benefits of metal finishing vary depending on the type of finishing used. However, some of the general benefits of metal finishing include:
- Improved appearance: Metal finishing can improve the appearance of metals by giving them a bright, shiny finish. This is important for metals that are used in decorative applications.
- Increased durability: Metal finishing can make metals harder and more durable. This is important for metals that are subject to wear and tear.
- Improved corrosion resistance: Metal finishing can help to protect metals from rust and corrosion. This is important for metals that are exposed to the elements or to harsh chemicals.
- Enhanced performance: Metal finishing can improve the performance of metals in certain applications. For example, electropolishing can improve the electrical conductivity of metals, while passivation can improve the wear resistance of metals.
Metal finishing is used in a wide variety of industries, including automotive, aerospace, electronics, construction, and manufacturing.
Contact us to learn how Prince Manufacturing can help you with your metal finishing project.
Are you ready to discuss how we can help you achieve your business goals? Fill out this form and we will get back to you.
Let's Talk. Let us show you.
How will we compress your production cycle time?
Services We also provide
Sign Up Prince Manufacturing Newsletter
How would you like to learn the best manufacturing tactics?
Sign up here. We will share our expertise.