Light Manufacturing in Mexico. Features, Types, Examples. Reduced Risk. Reduced Cost.
Light Manufacturing Industry in Mexico
Light industry in Mexico uses raw materials and semi-finished products to manufacture items of particular use and consumption.
The light industry obtains its materials from heavy industry, which processes to produce products aimed at an end consumer. However, sometimes its products could be used by other similar companies as part of its production components.
For logistics reasons, light industry in Mexico is typically located near cities. This is an important factor for the development of the country’s regional economies. In this way, light manufacturing companies are an important source of employment and strengthen other companies that sell their products.
Features of Light Industry in Mexico
- Companies require less raw material, energy resources, and physical space to work.
- Pollution levels are generally low because they have little environmental impact.
- They use raw and semi-finished materials from heavy industry to transform them into final products.
- A large number of them are located near the big cities, which guarantees a quick distribution of the manufactured items.
- The fundamental intention of light manufacturing in Mexico is to produce goods, which will be acquired directly by the end customer in a targeted market.
- Capital for investment is typically low.
- The functionality, presentation, and physical characteristics of light manufactured products are important, as they need it to be attractive to the consumer.
- Light manufacturing in Mexico does not typically require a large amount of labor.
- There is a wide variety of light industry types, which can be subdivided due to the need to specialize in the final product.
- The marketing of products produced by light manufacturers depends on domestic consumption and may be affected by any economic downturn in the domestic market.
- Light industry in Mexico can manufacture products that could be used as inputs for other similar companies.
It is responsible for operating, transforming, and processing raw materials of plant or animal origin for animal or human consumption. In this group, the light manufacturers in Mexico include producers of sweets, bread, processed meats, cheeses, and fruits.
Due to its wide variety and high demand, it is one of the largest industries generating employment, as it involves various supervisory and technical positions that handle the various machinery.
The electronics light industry is responsible for the manufacture, design, and assembly of electronic items for domestic, industrial, commercial, and military use.
Also, these products are inputs to other factories, such as automotive, appliances, toys, communications, among others.
Due to the constant innovations that this type of light industry experiences, changes in this sector are frequent, and companies must adjust their production to the end consumer’s requirements.
Light industry in Mexico is responsible for producing and marketing medicinal chemicals to treat and prevent diseases. These companies may also venture into the area of researching and developing new drugs.
Improving physical appearance creates significant demand, which leads this class of manufacturers to achieve important figures in their sales, positively impacting other sectors such as laboratories, perfumeries, etc.
It is based on the elaboration of cosmetics, which are chemical mixtures used to improve the human body’s appearance. This group that is part of the light industry in Mexico includes products for skin and hair care, makeup, and fragrances.
The furniture industry in Mexico relates to designing and manufacturing various materials such as furniture intended for housing, industries, or any indoor or outdoor space.
Qualified labor plays a significant role since this industry is considered “artisanal” because final products require great detail.
Automotive assembly is one of the traditional employers in the history of the light industry in Mexico, as it has existed in the country for several decades.
This type of light industry includes designers and manufacturers of auto parts and components.
Here are grouped a series of activities, such as yarn and weaving, the making of clothing and other items, for which natural and synthetic raw materials are used.
This activity has great strength in the market, being the perfect choice for those who wish to start a new business project.
Although digital technologies are prevalent globally, the demand for printed books, catalogs, brochures, and newspapers remains considerably high.
This light industry in Mexico envisages designing, manufacturing, distributing, marketing, and selling all footwear types.
It is a highly diversified sector, covering various materials and products, from the most general to the most exclusive, such as snowboard boots and protective footwear.
Let's Talk. Let us show you.
How will we compress your production cycle time?
Services We also provide
Sign Up Prince Manufacturing Newsletter
How would you like to learn the best manufacturing tactics?
Sign up here. We will share our expertise.
Are you ready to discuss how we can help you achieve your business goals? Fill out this form and we will get back to you.